The big data jungle is coming to Vegas
In the world of big data, the elephant is king. Hadoop, once a plush, stuffed children’s toy, is now the face of big data. Apache Hadoop is the open source framework that manages massive amounts of data—really all types of data. The Hadoop elephant is joined in the big data jungle by many friends: Pig, Jaql and even a ZooKeeper to keep them all in line. Each component plays a significant role in managing big data.
- Pig is a programming language designed to handle any kind of data. Pig is made up of two components: the language itself, which is called PigLatin, and the runtime environment where PigLatin programs are executed.
- ZooKeeper provides a centralized infrastructure and services that enable synchronization across a cluster. ZooKeeper maintains common objects needed in large cluster environments.
The entire big data jungle will be making a trip to Las Vegas in October for the world’s largest big data conference: IBM Insight. Hadoop and friends will be front and center with experts sharing the do’s and don’ts of managing and analyzing big data.
Hadoop at IBM Insight
Earlier this year, IBM announced significant enhancements to its Hadoop distribution, InfoSphere BigInsights, and its SQL-on-Hadoop component, Big SQL. Big SQL features greater performance, security and SQL support. A number of sessions at IBM Insight will feature Big SQL and InfoSphere BigInsights, covering key topics such as cloud, analytics and deployment best practices. A few not-to-miss sessions include:
- IIH-6233A Hadoop for Dummies: Understanding the Foundations of Hadoop
- IIH-5065A Overview of IBM InfoSphere BigInsights: Enterprise Grade Hadoop DELIVERED
- IIH-4666A Big SQL is here! Blistering Fast SQL Access to your Hadoop Data
- IIH-5529A Using the Power of Big SQL to Build an Extended Data Warehouse
- IIH-6513A Hypotheses to Insights: Taking Advantage of IBM InfoSphere BigInsights (Enterprise Hadoop) in the Cloud
IBM Insight features 1500 technical sessions, more than 300 clients and business partners presenting and 350 exhibitors showing the latest in hardware, software and services. So whether you are a Hadoop expert or novice, regardless of whether you have implemented a big data project or are just evaluating, IBM Insight has something for you.
Come join us and 13,000 of our closest friends in the Vegas jungle—the elephant and his friends have a lot of good info to share.
Visit the conference website for more information and register today using code SOCIAL100 to save an additional $100.