Data industry experts offer 2017 predictions throughout December
If you’ve been following the thought leadership we post weekly on the IBM Big Data & Analytics (BD&A) Hub, you’re probably already well-versed in data industry trends.
Nevertheless, it can be a bewildering task to keep pace with such a complex, dynamic industry. So much disruptive innovation has taken place in the market during 2016 on so many fronts. Looking ahead to 2017, we can see these trends deepening and accelerating.
As we close out 2016, we’ve asked several leading industry experts to offer their predictions on 2017 and beyond. Of course, I have a few predictions up my sleeve, so stay tuned for a detailed IBM BD&A Hub blog from me in the next few days. We will publish predictions from other experts each week through the remainder of the month.
But if you’re eager to hear from them now, tune in Thursday, December 8 at 1:00 pm EST for a live #MakeDataSimple CrowdChat in which I’m joined by prominent data industry professionals as we consider what’s in store for data science, big data analytics, cognitive computing and data management in 2017. In this CrowdChat, hosted by @IBMBigData, panelists will share their opinions on the following:
- What was the most surprising new data industry trend of 2016 that you didn’t see coming?
- Which data industry trends do you expect to dominate in 2017?
- Which of the most promising new data technologies do you expect to gain traction in 2017?
- What data jobs, skills and roles will be in hottest demand in 2017?
- Which older data technologies do you expect to decline in importance in 2017?
- Which data technologies and trends are the most overhyped?
- What will the data industry landscape of 2020 look like?
- How pervasive will cognitive computing become in the next 10 to 20 years?
Click here to register for the event or browse to #MakeDataSimple to follow the discussion. If this event will be your first experience with CrowdChat, don't worry. A CrowdChat organizes tweets into streams of conversation. We’ll start a conversation thread, and everyone who wants to participate adds comments and enjoys an engaging discussion. Vote for your favorite comments and they will be featured more prominently in the conversation. CrowdChats are a great way to share your expertise and discover answers to key business questions. For more information, check out this CrowdChat Demo video for a quick overview.
Learn how you can use the Watson Data Platform to put cognitive business to work in your business in the new year and beyond.