If day one at IBM Impact centered on the Composable Business, day two seems to have focused on one of its key enabling components: Real-time Actionable Insight.
Yesterday, IBM SVP Robert Leblanc declared, “companies today need to treat cloud as a growth engine, reinvent their mobile experiences and leverage big data as a transformative catalyst.” Real-time Actionable Insight, as presented in the Day 2 General Session by Information and Analytics Group General Manager, Bob Picciano, is that “transformative catalyst.”
Real-Time Actionable Insight helps organizations optimize decisions and implement repeatable business outcomes across all processes, applications and interactions by:
- Putting data and events into context to understand and evaluate how everything relates
- Applying analytics and business rules to gain best possible insight to decide what is best
- Putting that decision into action where it is needed the most: in processes, applications and interactions
Picciano went on to describe IBM’s ability to deliver in real-time actionable insight in three unique ways:
- Accumulating and correlating sophisticated non-obvious events, spanning people, process, time and location.
- Providing comprehensive analytics, including predictive analytics, rules and policies, so companies can optimize the outcome.
- Applying these smarts and this context in real time and do it continuously at massive scale.
“We can do this for structured and unstructured information; in microseconds; and across the Internet of Things,” Picciano continued. "IBM is blending the worlds of big data and analytics, Smarter Process and the Internet of Things together with the ability to deliver Real-time Actionable Insight. Watson Foundations is our integration point."
Here are the core Watson Foundations capabilities, underpinning Real-time Actionable Insight:
- Decision Management (IBM Operational Decision Manager): ODM provides an elegant development environment, along with dedicated, business user interfaces, for automating and governing frequently occurring, repeatable business decisions across processes and applications. The advanced tech preview of Operational Decision Manager technology introduces new capability that addresses buyers' need for stateful real-time situational context for decision automation. The new capability allows buyers to sense changing business conditions and respond to them with predetermined actions. The capability builds on the skills that customers acquire as they work with Operational Decision Management.
- Analytical Decision Management (IBM SPSS Modeler Gold): Decision management platform that integrates predictive models, local rules, optimization and high speed scoring to deliver recommended actions in real time to applications and operational systems on local, departmental and enterprise scales.
- Fast Moving Data (IBM InfoSphere Streams): Advanced analytic platform that allows user-developed applications to quickly ingest, analyze and correlate up to millions of structured and unstructured information events per second as they arrive from thousands of real-time sources.
- Context Computing (G2): Integrates diverse observations (data) as they arrive in real time. Information in context is the essential ingredient required to deliver high quality insights, whether these insights reflect opportunity (such as personalized customer offerings) or risk (such as customers on sanction lists). Information in context also enables the discovery of new, more accurate, predictive models.
- Case Management (IBM Case Manager): Delivers content in context for knowledge workers, enabling more flexible and better decisions. ICM provides a tailored user experience that delivers full case context, structured and unstructured information, and a dynamic task model in the context of a business process, which leverages powerful dashboards and analytics to optimize business outcomes. ICM enables rapid time-to-value through the inclusion of a web-based development environment targeted at the business analyst allowing for collaboration with IT in developing solutions.