Did you know that next year, 2014, the number of mobile phones in the world will exceed the number of humans? Are you ready for the rise of the cell phone?
It can be overwhelming, but smart telecommunications providers are turning call record data into actionable insight. How? By using predictive analytics of data in motion for real-time decisions. Now telecommunications providers can capture and analyze data – all the time, just in time.
Four ways data in motion analytics helps telecommunications providers keep pace:
- Processing of call data in real time to predict customer churn and fraud: Process CDRs and IPDRs to predict and prevent customer churn proactively and help filter SMS spam and SMS fraud in real time.
- Timely marketing promotions and ability to analyze success in real time: Trigger promotions to a selected set of customers within the subscriber list based on a predefined set of business rules. Determine the success of promotions within minutes and take necessary corrective actions.
- High utilization of expensive network assets: Initiate region specific real-time marketing promotions to ensure better utilization of expensive network infrastructure equipment. Understand geospatial location of the callers and target them effectively.
- Incremental revenue from newer marketing promotions: Provide a platform to run powerful geospatial analytics on subscribers to better understand their location patterns and cross sell / upsell additional services and promotions from partner vendors.
Results: increase customer satisfaction, maximize asset utilization and proactively retain the most profitable customers.
- Sprint (video: 3:06) accesses and analyzes call, Internet usage and texting detail records in real time
- An Indian telecommunications provider reduces processing time from 12 hours to 1 minute and now analyzes 7 billion CDRs a day
- Globe Teleco improves the effectiveness of promotions 600% while reducing the development time and cost by 95%
Want to know more? Watch this new 3-minute video.
Get started now with real-time analysis of data motion. Try the InfoSphere Streams Quick Start Program. It is quick, easy and free!