Insight 2014, formerly Information On Demand, will bring more than 13,000 business and IT professionals together to exchange ideas and share experiences around harnessing the data coming from all directions in real time. Industry pundits, peers and thought leaders will connect the dots between big data and the “nexus of forces” (what Gartner calls the convergence of social interaction, mobility, cloud computing and information) to deliver value for every individual, application and business process around information management.
Insight 2014 will illustrate how organizations of all types and sizes gather, analyze and apply data to make better decisions and drive results. These will include representatives from:
- The UCLA Department of Neurosurgery: Acting on data in the moment to predict a medical crisis before it happens
- Premier Healthcare Alliance: Improving efficiency by managing big data across clinical, operational and supply chain systems
- North Carolina State University: Helping students learn to make data-driven decisions using content analytics in the cloud
- Countless other customers alike will be sharing their success stories from across various industries.
What will you learn?
Insight 2014 will provide guests and participants with details and actionable opportunities around exciting advances like IBM Watson Foundations (integrating the 10 core software capabilities of big data and analytics), data services on IBM Bluemix (enabling developers to rapidly build, deploy and manage their cloud applications) and Cloudant (empowering data delivery in mobile applications). We’ll share the latest on our capabilities designed to:
- Analyze, refine and warehouse data—in the cloud or integrated with enterprise systems
- Speed the development and scaling of web, mobile and “Internet of Things” (IoT) apps
- Leverage advancements in database technology to maintain and analyze operations
- Make data easier to consume, integrate, govern and secure
- Identify relationships, context and meaning across disparate data sets
- Provide stakeholders in your organization more access to the insightful information they need to transform your organization to be more innovative, efficient and competitive
Which track should you attend?
The Information Management Track is your best opportunity to understand the value of data, mobile and cloud coming together with a deep dive into technology for databases, database tools, data warehousing, data integration and optimized systems. Get up close with stream computing, Hadoop-based systems, NoSQL, data mobility and context computing. Program tracks include:
- Big Data, Integration and Governance: Gain practical insight from best practices and case studies around enhanced 360-degree customer views, data warehouse modernization, data privacy and security intelligence extension, operations analysis, information governance to build big data confidence, application consolidation and retirement, agile big data integration and other key applications.
- Data Warehousing in the Era of Big Data: Uncover more about the evolution of the data warehouse in the era of big data, from the architecture to new technologies. Learn about innovative data warehousing and analytics across all IBM platforms and industries: DB2 with BLU Acceleration, Pure Data for Analytics and new Data Warehouse offerings in the cloud. This spans the breadth of IBM database software including Cloudant (NoSQL), DB2 for z/OS, DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows, IMS, Informix, SolidDB and the tools to fully exploit these systems.
- Information Solution Architecture: Explore state-of-the-art enterprise and industry architectures, with an emphasis on exploiting emerging big data technologies, advanced analytics, cloud and grid/cluster infrastructure. These sessions will focus on industry architectures, parallel processing, Hadoop, stream computing, mobile, cloud, deep analytics, Watson Foundations and much more.
Whether you are an IBM client, partner, academic, organization looking to gain more value from your information or developer looking to learn, now is the time to seize your big data moment. Register and start planning your Information Management agenda today; see you in October at Insight 2014.