The IBM big data platform
IBM is unique in developing an enterprise class big data platform that allows you to address the full spectrum of big data business challenges.
Why a platform versus individual products to address individual big data pain points? The real benefit of the platform is leverage – the ability to start with one capability and easily add others during your big data journey. IBM is the only vendor with this broad and balanced a view of big data and the needs of a platform – and the benefit is pre-integration of its components to reduce your implementation time and cost.
The key platform capabilities include:
- Analytic Solutions: Comprehensive business analytics to deliver information-based insights into every process, decision, and action
- Visualization and Discovery: Discover, understand, search, and navigate federated sources of big data while leaving that data in place.
- Hadoop-based analytics: Store any data type in the low-cost, scalable Hadoop engine to lower the cost of processing and analyzing massive volumes of data.
- Stream Computing: Continuously analyze massive volumes of streaming data with sub-millisecond response times for real-time action.
- Data Warehousing: Store and analyze large volumes of structured information with workload optimized systems designed for deep & operational analytics
- Text Analytics: Analyze textual content to uncover hidden meaning and insight in unstructured information
- Information Integration and Governance: Integrate, protect, cleanse, govern, and deliver your trusted information
The platform blends traditional technologies that are well suited for structured, repeatable tasks together with complementary new technologies that address speed and flexibility and are ideal for ad hoc data exploration, discovery and unstructured analysis.