How is open source transforming cognitive computing?
Open source is a disruptor that never quits. It seems to be penetrating and transforming every aspect of established data, analytics and application ecosystems. In this Open for Data podcast recorded at IBM InterConnect 2016, Steve Ardire, software startup advisor, shares his expert perspective on how open source initiatives are transforming cognitive computing. He responded to the following questions:
- How do you define cognitive computing?
- What is the most important open source initiative in cognitive computing?
- What will the cognitive computing landscape of 2020 look like?
- You’ve mentioned an “AI arms race” in the cognitive computing space. What do you mean by that and how likely is it?
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve seen at IBM InterConnect 2016 that’s relevant to cognitive computing?