How is open source transforming the Internet Of Things?
Open source is a disruptor that never quits. It seems to be penetrating and transforming every aspect of established data, analytics, and applications ecosystems. In a podcast recorded at IBM InterConnect 2016, Roger Strukhoff, executive director, Tau Institute for Global ICT Research, shares his expert perspective on how open source initiatives are transforming the Internet Of Things. Strukhoff responded to the following questions:
- How do you define the Internet of Things?
- What is the most important open source initiative in the Internet of Things?
- What will the Internet of Things landscape of 2020 look like?
- You’ve described a “highly supple, flexible ecosystem of ecosystems” in the Internet of Things arena? Are there any standards that will knit these ecosystems together into a more unified environment for developers?
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve seen at IBM InterConnect 2016 that’s relevant to the Internet of Things?
Listen to this podcast to hear Strukhoff's responses and learn more from his perspective. Learn how IBM Cloud Data Services is Open for Data.