From strangers to partners: Lessons in consumer insights from augmented reality
5G, augmented reality, virtual reality—we live in an always-on universe that can't feed appetites for information fast enough. What consumer insights can telecommunications providers gain and act on from studying subscriber behavior? In this podcast, influencer Evan Kirstel touches on the digital transformation that is required of communications service providers (CSPs) in this new data-driven world of marketing. From adopting new technology to reforming institutionalized thinking, he sets up to the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
- We’re truly in a golden age for the industry, and it shows no signs of slowing down. When we think about innovations like 5G, fiber, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), how do you see these technologies feeding consumers’ insatiable appetite for content across all available platforms and devices?
- The constant streaming and collection of data fills a constant pool from which artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning can draw actionable insights. What do these changes mean for the future of telecommunications?
- Now, all complex systems such as what we see around the world in telecommunications eventually suffer outages, breakdowns or worse, especially as they are challenged by increasing consumer demand. How can companies proactively stay ahead of these challenges to reduce churn from fickle customers who will switch providers in the blink of an eye?
- I’m a huge Star Trek fan, and I’d like to know if you think Captain James T. Kirk would use an Android or Apple smartphone?
- Evan, you’re going to be helping us unleash the power of data, analytics and cognitive at IBM Insight at World of Watson 2016, 24–27 October 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. What are you looking forward to at the conference?
All roads leave to cognitive. Register for IBM Insight at World of Watson 2016 to connect with Evan Kirstel and analytics professionals within telecommunications.