2017 outlook for CDOs and CIOs
As we look ahead in 2017, several questions are still left unanswered about what the New Year has in store for CDOs, CIOs and their organizations. If you’re trying to determine which data strategies your organization needs to employ to reach its goals in the coming year, join us Thursday, 26 January 2017, for the first IBM Big Data CrowdChat of 2017. Together, we explore answers to key questions with industry insiders and your peers.
Picking their brains
During the hour-long, online discussion you’ll have the opportunity to share your thoughts with an expert panel on challenges facing CDOs and CIOs and the tactics and technologies they can use to help businesses and organizations thrive in 2017. The chat explores multiple dimensions of the CDO and CIO roles in organizations and addresses the following questions:
- Where do you anticipate #datascience will have the biggest impact in 2017?
- How will your organization keep #technology and #data strategies aligned with your business objectives in 2017?
- What barriers within your organization make collaborating on #data projects challenging for business and technical teams?
- To what extent are your traditional IT roles evolving into what Gartner calls “hybrid business and IT roles”?
- How will #opensource and #open-standards help your organization accelerate innovation this year?
- What challenges does your organization face in supporting #data and #analytics in a #hybrid environment—both on premises and in the cloud?
- What impact will a #cognitive approach have on your organization’s strategies, and when will the change begin?
- What challenges do you foresee as a result of #dataprotection mandates such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (#GDPR)?
- What are the emerging needs for intelligence in #data processes, and how will #machinelearning and artificial intelligence (#AI) help?
If this event is your first CrowdChat experience, joining in and following the conversation thread is easy. You can be either a silent listener or an active participant. Put simply, a CrowdChat organizes tweets into logical streams of conversation.
We’ll start a conversational thread, and anyone who wants to participate can chime in. Even if you don’t post a comment, you can still influence the results by voting for your favorite comments so they will be featured more prominently in the conversation. This CrowdChat demo video is perfect for first-time users interested in a quick introduction or longtime users who need a refresher.
If you’re as excited as we are to start off 2017 on the right foot, please add this CrowdChat to your calendar for 26 January 2017 at 1 p.m. Eastern. Then, join in and learn from other participants—perhaps even sharing some of your own ideas and best practices.