Delivering Fast Analytics Query Responses
IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS offers rapid results for data-intensive workloads
In addition to IBM® DB2® Version 11 for z/OS® data management, IBM announced the recent release of DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS Version 4.1. When combined with related prerequisite hardware and prerequisite software, this solution offers high-performance technology that enables very fast analytic query responses.
DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS integrates IBM Netezza® and IBM zEnterprise® technologies to empower organizations to obtain extremely fast results for complex and data-intensive DB2 queries on data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), and analytic workloads. It enables enhanced, broad analytics queries and provides advanced features to support a wide range of applications. In addition to enhanced acceleration capabilities, the software offers organizations enhancements that support increased data volumes, queries, systems, and applications. DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS also provides the following features and benefits:
- Accelerates a broad spectrum of queries with support for Static SQL, multiple-row FETCH statements, and multiple encodings on the same accelerator
- Enhances workload balancing, incremental update performance, and monitoring for increasingly robust and scalable enterprise implementations
- Includes storage saver performance featuring built-in restore and well-suited access control for archived partitions and protection of moved partitions
- Supports DB2 Version 11 and IBM PureData™ Analytics N2001 hardware
Following is a broad spectrum of resources that are available to obtain much more information on DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS.
Blogs from subject-matter experts
Visit the IBM Mainframe Insights blog page, where you can read recent postings by IBM System z® hardware professionals that focus on key aspects of the DB2 Version 11 for z/OS and DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS announcements.
- Patricia Zakhar, senior manager, data warehousing on System z, offers her perspective on the many advantages organizations across a wide range of industries can gain using DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS Version 4.1 technology. Read her blog posting, “Big Data on System z equals advantages for all industries.”
- Mark Simmonds, senior product marketing manager, big data for System z, shares his insights on many key elements of the DB2 Version 11 for z/OS announcement in his posting, “What you did not know about big data on System z.”
Download these white papers to take a deeper dive into accelerating response time for analytics queries.
- Revolution in IBM DB2 performance: IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator: Read how DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS is designed to bring extremely fast performance for complex, data-intensive DB2 query workloads.
- Hybrid Analytics Solution Using IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS: Understand how to accelerate complex queries in a secure, highly available DB2 for z/OS environment.
- Delivering Improved Strategic Insight with IBM System z: Learn how data warehousing and BI solutions on the System z platform help drive smarter business decisions throughout the organization.
- Integrating Analytics into the Operational Fabric of Your Business: Discover how DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS brings query performance gains to analytic queries and enables integration with operational processes.
Customer case studies
See what customer organizations have to say about DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS implementations.
- Swiss Mobiliar: This insurance organization was able to accelerate 50 percent of its queries by a factor of 100 when deploying a cost-effective platform to deliver actionable insights to business users.
- Petrol: The chemicals and petroleum firm dramatically decreased its analytics query times using an IBM appliance that accelerates complex queries for point-of-sale, suggest-sell insights.
- Banca Carige: This banking institution unlocked the growth potential of big data by creating a secure and scalable platform for business analytics.
- Swiss Re: IBM helped this insurance company create flexible applications for multiplying workloads and achieve data workload and analytics goals. In addition, IBM also helped Swiss Re transform workload management and global system access that enabled IT staff to deploy DB2 Analytics Accelerator to speed business user queries and reports.