Healthcare providers weigh in on how analytics improves care
Few would argue that data is the future of healthcare as declared in a recent article by Drew Harris. But how can healthcare providers meet these increasing demands while still addressing patient needs?
Learn how Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Premier Healthcare Alliance and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center are paving the way by employing analytics to not only strengthen their businesses but more importantly, save lives.
Analytics improves the health of insurance members
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts improved member service and performance with IBM PureData for Analytics.
- Premier Healthcare Alliance enabled the sharing and analysis of healthcare information, helping physicians identify the best treatments for patients.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center uses IBM Watson to help doctors know as much as they can so that they can make the best decision for each individual person.
Analytics makes the management of healthcare information less complicated
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts managed the variety of information and extracted insights from it with IBM PureData.
- Premier Healthcare Alliance brought together information from all areas of the healthcare system and delivers trusted information at the right time to thousands of its member organizations using IBM software such as Cognos Business Intelligence.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center uses IBM Watson to process millions of pages of medical information per second and generate hypotheses.
Analytics allows healthcare organizations to be more competitive
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts used more information to plan a better competitive strategy, build stronger and more positive relationships with its members, and improve the company’s image.
- Premier Healthcare Alliance, in one project alone, enabled 157 participating hospitals to save an estimated 24,800 lives while reducing healthcare spending by 2.85 billion dollars.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center uses IBM Watson's capability to analyze massive volumes of data to help oncologists deliver effective therapies and disseminate that information to the world.
Analytics is critical to business success
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts spends less time worrying about IT and more time extracting value from data.
- Premier Healthcare Alliance found that analytics helps hospitals, doctors and other health providers identify which treatments benefit patients most, so regardless of where patients live or are treated, they can be assured of receiving the best care.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center uses IBM Watson to help practitioners around the world fight cancer with more evidence-based treatments for patients.
Analytics helps organizations be more efficient
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts can make better decisions and ultimately have a positive effect on members’ lives.
- Premier Healthcare Alliance has a lower-cost way to give members an analytics solution with a shorter time to value.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center can make better, faster and more informed decisions about how to treat each individual cancer patient.
What are your thoughts? How are data and analytics making a difference in your industry? Weigh in by commenting below!