IBM Insight at World of Watson 2016: Building on inspiration
As a newcomer to IBM, I was excited to be at the pulse of the inaugural IBM Insight at World of Watson conference. It was inspiring to hear from many of IBM’s clients on how they’re using cognitive computing in creative, meaningful and even life-changing ways, as well as engaging with them on their cognitive strategies.
IBM made many announcements during the conference about how it is elevating its solution portfolio with Watson’s cognitive capabilities. These announcements help reinforce my belief that data and analytics are key elements of the foundation of a cognitive business. In addition, influencers and attendees alike were inspired by the power of cognitive computing:
- “But what was clearly apparent at WoW is that with Watson, IBM has opened a sizable lead on the competition in terms of creating innovative cognitive tools for business developers and cognitive solutions for large organizations. Vendors that hope to find a place in this fast-growing, rapidly evolving market will need to pick up the pace or risk losing largely or entirely to IBM and Watson.”—Charles King, Pund-IT
- “I believe that IBM’s Watson has turned the corner from being an interesting experimental technology to becoming an invaluable cognitive system. Two years ago, I was looking for signs of increasing profitability from the Watson Initiative. I now see an immense new market opening up for cognitive solutions—and IBM is ideally positioned to claim a gigantic share of that market.”—Joe Clabby, Clabby Analytics
- “I learned a lot about the @IBMWatson ecosystem at #ibmwow. I also met people who have built and are building amazing things with it.”—David Gerbino, FinTech, Bank and Data-Driven Marketing Consultant
So what’s next?
IBM Insight at World of Watson 2016 may be over, but you can still gain inspiration from the conference on how you can leverage Watson to help build your cognitive business:
- Check out IBMGO for on-demand broadcasts of select sessions, exclusive interviews on theCube and Ginni Rometty's keynote.
- Visit the World of Watson Session Expert tool to access presentations.
- Read the IBM Events Tumblr for recaps on key sessions and announcements.
Where are you on your cognitive journey? Check out the latest study from the IBM Institute of Business Value, Analytics: Dawn of the Cognitive Era, and learn what early adopters are doing and the steps your organization can take on your analytics journey leading to the cognitive era.
Be sure to mark your calendars for IBM Insight at World of Watson 2017, taking place 29 October – 2 November 2017, in Las Vegas, Nevada. It promises to be even more inspiring. I look forward to joining you there! In the meantime, keep up with me @jeffspicer on Twitter.