The next generation of in-memory computing has arrived
Eight features that make BLU Acceleration faster, simpler and more agile
In today’s fast-paced and information-driven business environment, big data makes the world go around. Being competitive means finding a way to quickly turn massive amounts of information into actionable data. In-memory computing can be a difficult task to negotiate, especially with the time it takes to process massive data sets and the associated costs.
Thanks to BLU Acceleration from IBM these hurdles are a thing of the past.
BLU Acceleration comes with a series of eight features that make it a next-generation, in-memory database. These include:
- Dynamically keeping active data in memory
- Prefetching data without needing to load massive data sets into memory
- Intelligent data skipping for processing at even faster than in-memory speeds
- RAM too slow? In-chip is the way to go
- A higher octave of data compression, called actionable compression
- SIMD processing, which makes the most of advanced processor designs to move the data through quickly
- Load and go simplicity
- Pay only for what you analyze