A sneak preview of hybrid data management at THINK 2019
Organizations are continuing to turn to hybrid data management to establish a solid data foundation for day-to-day operations and more forward-looking capabilities such as machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI).
With THINK 2019 just around the corner, 12 through 15 February, there’s no better time to discover the variety of hybrid data management solutions and strategies, along with how each can help uncover actionable insights.
Think 2019 will be full of learning opportunities that range from sessions with IBM experts and clients to hands-on labs, roundtable discussions and networking events. Whether you’ve already booked your flight or are still on the fence, it’s worthwhile to get a jumpstart on creating your personal Think 2019 agenda.
To help, we curated some of the top sessions in each area of hybrid data management below.
Learn more about Db2 customer stories, integration with open source and cost savings
The database is the stalwart veteran of hybrid data management, but that doesn’t mean it should be overlooked. Advancements in integration and the incorporation of open source technologies promise a bright future for those looking to transform their businesses with data. Make sure to save your seat for the following Think sessions showcasing these technologies, as well as customer success stories.
- Developers: Use Your On-Premises Data for Machine Learning in the Cloud. Learn how using cloud resources to analyze on-premises data can give your machine learning a boost. Then watch as Db2 Developer-C is securely connected to Watson Studio and used to build and deploy a prediction.
- Leveraging Open Source Databases as Part of the IBM Hybrid Data Management Solution. Discover how to weave a single view of data incorporating Postgres, MongoDB, and IBM Db2 with virtualization and federation thanks to recent support announcements for open source databases.
- IBM Db2 on Cloud: Autonomics, TCO and Simplicity from a Customer's Perspective. Join representatives from banking software innovator Knowis as they share how the simple deployment and full management of IBM Db2 helped them achieve a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and empower customers.
- 5 Ways to Save Millions by Modernizing from Oracle to IBM Db2 and IBM Hybrid Data Management. High costs and inefficient or complex technologies are driving businesses to find databases more suited to the AI future. See how much you can save and how easy migration could be.
Hear how the data warehouse is pushing AI and analytics advancements
When thinking about data warehouses, what springs to mind for many is advanced analytics and the benefits those insights bring to the organization. That’s why, for the data warehousing sessions at Think, we’re focusing on the AI capabilities in data warehouses and the customers that have done so successfully.
- How the IBM Db2 Analytics Accelerator Saved My Life. Discover how insurance firm State Farm used IBM Db2 Analytics Accelerator (IDAA) to cut processing from 3 years to just hours, and how to move data to the IDAA.
- Taming the Data Dragon: Hybrid Data Warehousing with Augmented Intelligence. For those looking to drive data science at scale, this session is for you. The ML and AI features of IBM Db2 Warehouse and IBM Integrated Analytics System will be analyzed alongside three industry use cases.
- Gaining a Financial Edge through Fast Data and Analytics. Learn how Capitalogix uses IBM Integrated Analytics System to get the most out of its proprietary algorithms and outdoes others in the world of financial trading.
- Teradata Data Warehouse Modernization Using IBM Integrated Analytics System and Hadoop. Explore the architecture and quick, low-risk migration process used to modernize a Teradata infrastructure IBM Integrated Analytics System and Hadoop.
See how customers are using data lakes for better success
With the rise of unstructured information, the proper use and organization of data lakes will only become more important. Think 2019 will offer a range of sessions suitable for those just beginning to look into data lakes as well as data lake aficionados.
- The Case for Open Metadata and Governance with Data Virtualization. Rapid data growth is making efficient cataloging of data vital. That’s why ING, IBM and Hortonworks are leading the Open Metadata and Governance initiative. Come see what they have planned and how the advanced SQL engine, IBM Db2 Big SQL, plays a role.
- Secured and Governed Data Lake at Norwegian Tax. Learn how Norwegian Tax created a data lake designed to meet the requirements of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with help of Apache Ranger, Apache Atlas and IBM Db2 Big SQL.
- Successful Data Lake Use Cases Implemented on Hortonworks at Telefonica. Telefonica wasn’t content to let its data sit in silos. Hear how the company used a Hortonworks cluster with IBM Db2 Big SQL to consolidate data and get new insights.
- Maximizing ROI with Hadoop Data Lake. Better Hadoop ROIs begin with an advanced SQL engine for Hadoop: IBM Db2 Big SQL. Its ability to virtualize disparate data means that you can have quicker, more informed insights at your fingertips.
Get up to speed on the latest developments in fast data
Fast data is the newest field of hybrid data management gaining attention and with good reason. The promise is insights that keep up with event and streaming data. The following sessions will provide opportunities to learn more about this rapidly developing technology with overviews and use case discussions.
- Fraud Management with IBM Db2 Event Store. Watch as IBM Db2 Event Store, Kafka, Spark and machine learning come together to form one of the most impressive use cases this year, ingesting millions of events per second and identifying outliers in real time.
- What's New in IBM Db2 Event Store? The integration of the Common SQL Engine is one of the most important updates to IBM Db2 Event Store since its creation. Don’t miss out on the chance to learn how this will help you build a more integrated, holistic hybrid data management architecture.
These hybrid data management sessions are just a small sample of what’s available at Think 2019. For the full, searchable list of sessions and to begin building your interactive schedule visit the Think 2019 website.