Blogs

Revelwood helps marketers hit the bullseye with cloud-based data science

Revelwood helps marketers hit the bullseye with cloud-based data science

November 5, 2018 | by Sara Amuso, Worldwide Client Reference Manager, Enterprise Data Science, IBM
Machine learning has the potential to make the lives of marketers easier, but few marketing teams currently have the in-house data science skills they need to take advantage of it.
Developing a smarter way to drill for oil with analytics

Developing a smarter way to drill for oil with analytics

November 1, 2018 | by Joy Oyovwevotu, Lead Drilling Engineer, TOTAL
At TOTAL, we understand that running an oil well profitably and efficiently is mechanically and technically complex. That’s why we are always looking for new ways to innovate and become more efficient.
What marketing campaigns are missing: MDM Express

What marketing campaigns are missing: MDM Express

October 29, 2018 | by Bharath Chari, Product Marketing Manager, IBM Master Data Management, Entity Analytics & Big Match
To attain digital transformation maturity, organizations have to build a foundation of trusted customer and product data. This includes integrating policies which control how data is used within the enterprise and protecting sensitive information.
Is your data safe during hurricane season?

Is your data safe during hurricane season?

October 22, 2018 | by Jessica Lee, Offering Manager, Hadoop, Analytics, IBM
Hurricane season is upon us and the US is facing its seventh hurricane this season already. No matter how severe or mild, hurricanes and other national disasters are a concern for both individuals and businesses who operate in these areas.
How the Hortonworks/Cloudera merger shifts the Hadoop landscape

How the Hortonworks/Cloudera merger shifts the Hadoop landscape

October 15, 2018 | by Paul Rivot, Strategic Alliance Executive, IBM Analytics
The Hadoop landscape looks a little different after Cloudera and Hortonworks’ recent announcement of a $5.2 billion merger.
Why data science at banks is missing the mark, and how to fix it

Why data science at banks is missing the mark, and how to fix it

October 15, 2018 | by Karan Sachdeva, Sales Leader Big Data Analytics APAC, IBM
The business that gets there first won’t necessarily win digital and AI game. It will be the one that ingrains digital and AI in its business as much as possible. Starting from applying intelligent data science where it matters most and progressively using it in every aspect of the business.
Win with AI: Insurance company Guidewell looks to get data for AI

Win with AI: Insurance company Guidewell looks to get data for AI

IBM Cloud Private for Data helps organizations address AI readiness

October 11, 2018 | by Jennifer Clemente, IBM
James Wade, Director of Application Hosting at Guidewell and IBM Analytics Hemanth Manda spoke with Dave Vellante in New York City on the eve of the 13 September taping of the Win with AI digital broadcast about the challenge of getting data ready for AI and how IBM Cloud Private for Data can help.
Prescriptive analytics: The cure for a transforming healthcare industry

Prescriptive analytics: The cure for a transforming healthcare industry

October 11, 2018 | by Sajan Kuttappa, Product Marketing Manager – IBM Decision Optimization, IBM
Prescriptive analytics offers healthcare decision makers the opportunity to influence optimal future outcomes. Based on decision optimization technology, these capabilities allow users to not just recommend the best course of action for patients or providers, they also enable comparison of multiple...
Is your data strategy being hurt by these 3 cloud myths?

Is your data strategy being hurt by these 3 cloud myths?

October 10, 2018 | by Noah Kuttler, Marketing, IBM Data Warehouse Offerings, IBM
Aberdeen reports that nearly 80% of businesses in their study are now using public cloud. But that still leaves over 20% of businesses that are not availing themselves of the benefits of public cloud.
Win with AI: John Thomas of IBM on putting skin in the data science game

Win with AI: John Thomas of IBM on putting skin in the data science game

Don’t miss the replay of the #WinWithAI digital broadcast featuring industry leaders from Experian, Geisinger, GuideWell, Nedbank, Niagara Bottling and Mueller.

October 9, 2018 | by Jennifer Clemente, IBM
John Thomas, IBM distinguished engineer and director of analytics, talks with Dave Vellante in NYC ahead of the recent “Change the Game: Winning with AI event in NYC” to talk about how the IBM Data Science Elite team offers data science expertise as a service to a variety of clients to a variety of...